Master’s/PhD Degree from the DAAD
- The deadline is August-October 2022. (annual)
- Germany as a study destination
- The next course begins in the academic year 2023/2024.
Brief explanation for DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses:
Scholarships from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) allow foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to pursue a doctoral degree and obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Institution(s) hosting: German universities that offer postgraduate courses in development
Study Level/Field(s): Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education, and Law; and Media Studies
Scholarships awarded: Limited
Group to target: Students from qualifying countries
Value/inclusions/duration of the scholarship: The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, as well as payments for health, accident, and personal liability insurance and travel allowances, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship period for Masters is 12 to 24 months (depending on the institution) and 42 months for PhD.
Eligibility for DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses :
The typical scholarship recipient is:
• Is currently working in a developing country for a public authority, a state or private company, and as such is involved in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social areas.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree (typically four years) in a related field.
• At the time of application, has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should not be older than six years.
• For German language courses (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Before beginning the study course, you must pass the DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 language exam. As a result, a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is required, which must be documented with a certificate.
• IELTS (Band 6) or TOEFL certificate required for English courses (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
Instructions for use for DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses :
Applications must be submitted directly to the relevant course. The application procedure, application deadline, and required documents can be found on the respective course websites. The deadline varies depending on the course, but it is usually between August and October of 2022.
To access the application form and for more information on how to apply for this scholarship, read the FAQs and the 2023/2024 brochure, as well as visit the official website.
© 2022, admin. All rights reserved.